There are choices in life or activities that you will be confident to make, to learn, to do or to hone on your own. After all, who knows you better than yourself? However, there are several things you will come across that would require you to ask the assistance of other people. Two heads are better than one, right?
There will also be instances when you cannot ask just any random person for advice or tips. You will need to seek the counsel of a professional or someone experienced in the said area. This is very true in preparing to join something as big as a triathlon.
Yes, you will be able to read books or watch videos online about triathlon but nothing beats professional sports coaching. Why is this so? Triathlons, much more the ultra-triathlons, can be more demanding than other sports competitions given that…
- The conditions wherein you will be playing can be harsh or unpredictable. You may swim on a river with a strong current. It may rain while you are cycling. Or the sun may be scorching hot while you are running.
- You will be playing as a team, with your mates doing a different sport.
- There is pressure on time. You need to do your share of the triathlon in the shortest duration possible.
- Many, if not all, of the competitors have been competing in triathlons for years or even decades.
- It is not enough that you have the skills. You also need to develop stamina and endurance.
Ten or twenty years of amateur or professional running, cycling or swimming cannot warrant self-training especially for something rigid like a triathlon. Why wander in the woods blindly when you can always get the guidance of professional, knowledgeable and experienced sport coach?